Board of directors
December 1st 2017
Change of date of the meeting of the board of directors
Please note that the regular meeting of the board initially scheduled on Wednesday December 6 is postponed. The next meeting will be held on Monday, December 18 at 5 pm.
Role and structure
In general, the Board of Directors carries out the following roles and powers of the Réseau de transport de Longueuil, as described in the Act Respecting Public Transit Authorities (S 30.01), without limitation:
- Approval of general RTL policies
- Adoption of a public transit strategic development plan for the Agglomération de Longueuil
- Annual review of the budget and the three-year capital plan
- Loan decrees by by-laws
- Changes to services and rates
- Adoption of staffing plan
- Appointment of the Executive Director and, on the latter’s recommendation, of the secretary and treasurer
The RTL Board of Directors holds regular public meetings at least ten times per year.
It is comprised of twelve members, including ten elected members and two user representatives who live in the Agglomération:
- Six elected members from Ville de Longueuil (city centre)
- One elected member from the each of the cities of Boucherville, Brossard, Saint Bruno-de-Montarville, and Saint-Lambert
- Two user representatives, including one for paratransit, appointed by the Agglomération council
Board members are elected for four-year, renewable mandates.
The Chairman and Vice-Chairman are appointed by the Agglomération council.
The Chairman leads the Board meetings and ensures they run smoothly. He/she maintains order and decorum during the meetings and has the authority to eject anyone who disrupts the proceedings. As the RTL’s representative, he/she ensures that all laws applicable to the RTL are respected.