General eligibility conditions for the student fare
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at an academic institution recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES), regardless of age
- Have filled out the application form for the student photo OPUS card.
- STUDENTS AGE 16+: Have obtained the seal of the academic institution or its digital equivalent, attesting to full-time enrollment
Student OPUS card with photo - How to obtain it
To benefit from student fares, you will need an OPUS card with photo. There are three (3) quick and easy ways to get one:
1. On the websites of the institutions affiliated with the CEEL program
- Université de Sherbrooke, Champlain College, Cégep Édouard-Montpetit, ÉNA and Collège Charles-Lemoyne
- $15 fee, payable online
- OPUS card mailed to you
2. At a metropolitan ticket office
To reduce your waiting time, it is recommended that you make an appointment at a metropolitan ticket office (Longueuil terminus, Downtown terminus, Central Station) through this portal – not possible by phone. It is a secure portal, accessible by computer, tablet or smartphone.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Official photo ID (health insurance card, driver’s licence, passport, Refugee Protection Claimant Document, or permanent resident card)
- Application for OPUS card duly completed with the seal of the academic institution attended full time
- For 12+: $15 payable by cash, debit or credit card
3. At your school (if it’s an RTL partner)
- Free for children aged 6-11 in the Agglomération de Longueuil
- For 12+: $15 fee to obtain the card onsite
- Card given out at the start of the school year to students eligible for RTL school lines
DID YOU KNOW? OPUS photo cards are automatically registered, meaning if your card is lost, stolen or broken, the fares can be easily reloaded.