RTL PUBLISHES 2017 ANNUAL REPORT
Longueuil, July 4, 2018 – The Réseau de transport de Longueuil (RTL) is pleased to announce the publication of its 2017 annual report, outlining its achievements and how they benefit users.
This document highlighting the makeup of the organization, as well as its territory and services, was submitted by the RTL during tonight’s public Board of Directors meeting.
The key points for 2017 include:
- A 2% increase in ridership for the regular transit service, and a 2.14% increase for the paratransit service;
- A punctuality rate of 83.9%;
- Introduction of free recreational tourism shuttles (SkiBus and Bus des îles);
- $140 M in investments in a total of 56 projects;
- Rollout of the Chrono mobile app;
- Intention to purchase 5 electric midibuses and continued integration of hybrid buses.
“It was an exceptional year for the RTL. We carried out several projects intended to enhance the user experience, and the performance of our operations was a primary focus. We wish to thank all of our employees for the hard work and dedication they bring to their jobs day after day,” added Pierre Brodeur, Chairman of the RTL Board of Directors.
The RTL’s 2017 annual report is available on its website.
The third-largest public transit organization in Québec, the RTL operates a network of 793 kilometres. With some 1,100 employees, the RTL is a major employer that contributes to the economic vitality of the region.
Ever receptive to its users, the RTL plays a key role in the lives of the people and the communities it serves by providing solutions that are efficient, innovative, and adapted to the evolving needs of its clientele. Improving quality of life for the citizens of the Agglomération de Longueuil is a top priority for the RTL.